How important is safety when your considering to buy a new vehicle? For many people safety is a top priority. This week we have conducted research to discover the best performing 2015 vehicles involving safety. The IIHS (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) is a non-profit organization that provokes the auto industry to hold a high standard regarding innovative safety features to prevent deadly car crashes.
Each year the company conducts extensive studies and performs crash tests on the newest models. They help consumers by reporting the results and explaining the information through their popular "Top Vehicle Pick(+) rating process." They also provide videos on YouTube and their website of the actual crash tests.
The auto industry continues to create new innovative safety technologies to eventually make deadly car crashes a thing of the past. Let's take a look at the various top award winners.
Top Safety Pick+ goes out to the new midsize luxury sedan 2015 Acura TLX.
According to the results from the tests performed by IIHS:
"The TLX earns good ratings in the Institute's long-standing moderate overlap front, side, roof strength and head restraint tests. Good ratings in these tests, a good or acceptable rating in the small overlap test, and a front crash prevention rating of basic or higher are the requirements for the Institute's highest award for 2014, TOP SAFETY PICK+."
The 2015 Subaru Outback easily wins the award parading some of these amazing safety features:
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags and front seat-mounted torso airbags
- Rollover sensor: designed to deploy the side curtain airbags in the event of an impending rollover
- Seat cushion airbags: separate airbags in the forward portion of the driver and passenger seat cushions to prevent occupants from sliding under the seat belts
- Electronic stability control
- Antilock brakes
- Daytime running lights
The 2015 Toyota Sienna minivan also performed exceptionally well with the same stunning safety features as the former vehicle, except:
- Side airbags: head curtain airbags for all three rows of seats and front seat-mounted torso airbags